Windy City Wheels
Since its debut in 1901, the Chicago Auto Show has become the longest running auto exposition on the continent, showcasing an impressive roster of the world’s greatest car brands and most iconic vehicles. This year, we rolled up with our Pro2 3D scanner to bring the show highlights to you via an immersive Matterport 3D experience. Buckle up for an up-close look at some of this year’s most anticipated vehicles and exhibits spanning over 1 million feet of show floor.
Get Behind the Wheel
The best part of any car show is getting to sit in the driver’s seat of some of the world’s most amazing automobiles. Strap on your VR goggles to imagine the wind in your hair and the sun in your face as you kick the tires on these vehicular masterpieces.
- The Dodge Ram 5500 is a commercial-grade tow rig boasting a 6.4L HEMI® V8 gasoline engine that offers up to 429 pound-feet of torque and produces best-in-class 370 horsepower. That impressive power also comes with “Fuel Saver Technology”, which deactivates four cylinders when eight are not necessary, such as when you’re cruising or on downhill stretches.
- The Hyundai Sonata was ranked the fifth most popular midsize car. This model features 185 horsepower, a 2.4L four-cylinder engine and class-leading interior volume.
Looking for an offroad adventure? The Toyota 4Runner is an all-terrain vehicle featuring oversized TRD FOX high-performance shocks with rear remote reservoirs and TRD-tuned front springs that will carry you over any terrain.
Making a Comeback
After 25 years off the market, the Toyota Supra made its long-awaited comeback at the Chicago Auto Show. With the help of BMW, this legendary sports car will be available this year, but you can take a first look right now with our Matterport 3D experience.
A look under the hood reveals:
335 horsepower and 365 pound feet of torque from a single-turbo 3.0-liter V6 engine.
It goes from 0-60 in 4.1 seconds, maxing out electronically at 155 mph.
Its svelte figure weighs in at a curb weight of 3,397 pounds.
‘Alfa’ of the Pack
The limited edition Alfa Romeo 4C Spider Italia debuted this year and will be released in 2020, with a whopping 15 vehicles going into production.
A closer look reveals:
An all-aluminum, 1750cc turbo-charged engine.
237 horsepower and 258 pound feet of torque.
0-60 mph in 4.1 seconds, tapping out at 160 mph.
Sleek ‘’4C Spider Italia’’ graphics and dashboard logo.
Also on display was the Alfa Romeo IndyCar, presenting us with a unique opportunity to showcase ‘motorsport’ with ‘Matterport.’
Lexus at the Nexus
As one of the biggest (and most familiar) displays at this year’s show, Lexus unveiled several new cars that we can promise you’ve never seen before.
- Here's a look at their entire floorspace with individual setups to follow
- The Lexus LC Convertible turned a concept into a creation, embodying exactly what we do here at Matterport. Be among the first to see the open-air LC and tell us what you prefer - top up or top down?
The maker’s smallest SUV, the Lexus UX 250H customizes the look of the urban crossover.
- The maker’s smallest SUV, the Lexus UX 250H customizes the look of the urban crossover.
If you prefer to get it custom, the Lexus RC 350 luxury coupe combines performance and style in a highly customizable format.
Three Wheels in 3D
A brand unfamiliar to most, Vanderhall introduced a three-wheeled vehicle that may challenge your whole perception of an “automobile.”
Crossing the Finish Line
Matterport’s immersive 3D experiences allow you to create virtual 3D models of any physical space. For trade shows, like the Chicago Auto Show, Matterport opens the virtual doors to visitors around the world, giving them a unique online experience that feels as if they’re physically there. Our 3D experiences are created using 2D and 3D data points collected by our cameras, and processed by Cortex, our proprietary AI-powered software.
Ready to bring the 3D experience to your next trade show, or simply show off another space of your own? Contact our sales team for more information.